Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A BSO Outing

Tonight was a very exciting night for me which is why I couldn't wait till tomorrow to blog about it! My hunny and I went to see my all time fav cello player Yo-Yo Ma and conductor Juanjo Mena. It was a-m-a-z-i-n-g !!



I have been trying to find a way to go watch Yo-Yo Ma play live ever since I fell in love with his version of the prelude from Bach´s Cello Suite No. 1. This man is very talented and has the power to take me away to a different place with his music.



The first half was Yo-Yo Ma playing two of Bohemian composer Antonin Dvorak's most popular orchestral works: The New World Symphony, composed in 1893 and his Cello Concerto composed in 1895 (wow, that is umm, quiet some time ago eh??) Second half was conductor Juanjo Mena and the BSO playing the ballet score The Wooden Prince, by Hungarian composer Bela Bartok.






All in all it was the highlight of my month :o)

OOTD:

Pants and long sleeve: H&H
Kameez, Chunni and bangles: Chhabra Bridal http://www.chhabrabridal.com
Shoes: Bakers




xoxo Aleena

No comments:

Post a Comment